0
Sunday, August 9, 2009 Post By: Susnasty

Dinner: Marjoram-Scented Artichoke and Chickpea Stew


YUM!

I took this from the "Vegan Planet" cookbook, and altered it a bit.
I served it in a bowl with a nice thick slice of whole grain bread

Changes I made:

I added:
about a half cup more white wine than was called for
a splash of lemon juice
a dash of cayenne pepper(it needed a bit of spice)

I used powdered marjoram instead of fresh/dried leaves
I pureed 2 cups of the stew to be mixed back in the pot, rather than the 1 cup that was called for
I used garlic paste instead, and it ended up tasting fine


Verdict:
The blend of flavors is a lot more subtle than I'm used to, but they melded nicely and it ended up being a very good and filling dish. The artichoke really added a nice flavor to the whole thing, and the potatoes really added a nice "meatiness" to the dish. Of course, the chickpeas added a subtle flavor, as they were whole, and they provided the protein for the stew.
All in all, it was DELISH!



Copyright Reserved Apocalypse and Makeup Tips 2010.
Design by: Bingo | Blogger Templates by Blogger Template Place | supported by One-4-All