0
Sunday, August 9, 2009 Post By: Susnasty

Blueberry Oat Scones


This morning, I made Blueberry Oat Scones for breakfast.

They ended up quite good, I really enjoyed them. My inspiration was this. I deviated from the recipe in a few areas, mostly because my kitched is not super well stocked:

Instead of a half cup of sugar, I used nearly a cup of granulated splenda(I know splenda's shit for your body, but I honestly don't care).
I recently ran out of vegan butter, so instead of a half cup of vegan butter, I used a third cup of vegetable oil and a quarter cup extra of my dairy free milk(almond milk).
I also added about a quarter cup more oats than called for, and maybe added a bit more lemon juice than they asked for.
Also, I used fresh berries rather than frozen. Not sure exactly how much I used, I just sorta tossed 'em in there.
I cooked it for 15 minutes at 400 degree heat, and then another 5 at 35o.

Once it cooled for about 10 minutes, I had one. And I must say, they were delicious. Not too sweet, not to overwhelmingly oatey, just perfect. Not the least bit chewey, either, as is often the problem with vegan baking. The adjustments I made were excellent. Things I could alter, should I decide to make this again:
I'd use frozen blueberries, they'd ooze less. I could use other frozen fruit, should I choose to do so.
I'd add a bit of cocoa powder, or use chocolate almond milk instead. I think a hint of chocolate would be delicious in this recipe



Copyright Reserved Apocalypse and Makeup Tips 2010.
Design by: Bingo | Blogger Templates by Blogger Template Place | supported by One-4-All